Saturday, August 14, 2010

june

Once I made the decision to go to Clemson, the rest of the summer was in desperate need of being planned. Somehow I had to figure out how to drive my things cross-country, be in Colorado for the 4th of July with the fam, go to Ecuador for a two-week Engineers Without Borders trip, and be ready to take entrance exams at Clemson starting August 8. I was stressed.

Some of my plants in Arizona,
that I wasn't thrilled about leaving
Since my lease in Tempe ended the last day of June, I decided to stay at the lab at ASU until then. I spent my last few weeks in Arizona working, taking Spanish lessons, and soaking up as much AZ-livin' as I could. I didn't particularly want to leave Arizona, but I was over ASU and was looking forward to living somewhere new.

When June ended, Kitty and I (and all my stuff) crammed into the 'rola and headed for Oklahoma. It was a 16-hour drive, but at least I had a cat to keep me company, right? Then, after a relaxing 36 hours in Oklahoma (with Kitty boarded at the vet) my parents, Allison, Bill, and I got back in the car and drove 12 hours to Leadville, Colorado for what turned out to be quite a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment